Introducing Startup Picnic breakfast talk speaker, Irfan Pardesi, tech-startup investor and co-founder of ACM Gold
It is with great excitement to introduce our speaker at the Startup Picnic breakfast talk.
He is Irfan Pardesi. Irfan is an avid entrepreneur born in Pakistan but now settled in South Africa, a tech-startup investor, the CEO of ACM Gold, founder of traming.com and has business interests in other industries.
Successful in his own right, a few small exits, a few complete failures, living the life and enjoying the journey. He made his mother proud by taking ACM Gold from 22K USD, without funding or financing, to a group valuation of over $450 million.
With several setbacks in his entrepreneurial journey, he has always strived to be greater than them. Below are some very key tips we picked up from his feature interview with Entrepreneur Mag.
- Even big brands start small. You don’t need millions to launch a company. Make some strategic partnerships that everyone benefits from, start small and be patient.
- Localisation is everything. You can be a big, multi-national company, but always take the current, on-the-ground clients into account. Design your business offering with their needs in mind. What works in one market won’t necessarily work in another.
- Shift the business when the market changes. Don’t hold onto something because it worked well in the past — times change, move with them.
- Don’t make assumptions. You’ll only understand a market once you’re actually operating in it. Launch your business or local office, but be prepared to shift your model as you learn about the market and what it wants.
- If your business allows, build a network of re-sellers that believe in you and your products, and help them achieve their goals — you will automatically achieve yours.
- If you want to get the best out of people, appreciate their efforts lavishly and give them a path to grow and prove themselves. The bigger the dream, the more important the team.
- If everything seems to be under control, you’re not going fast enough.
- Focus on what you know best. The best businesses aren’t masters of everything — they’re specialists in one key area, and invaluable to their clients as a result.
Here is the full Entrepreneur Mag feature interview Irfan Pardesi http://www.entrepreneurmag.co.za/advice/success-stories/entrepreneur-profiles/the-midas-touch-hina-kassam-irfan-pardesi/
Book your tickets to Startup Picnic at Computicket (Money Market counter at Shoprite and Checkers). Do it ASAP. Bring your friends, office and associates.
Please connect Startup Picnic on Twitter @Startup_Picnic and our facebook page www.facebook.co.za/startuppicnic
You may also like ...
It is with great excitement to introduce our speaker at the Startup Picnic breakfast talk. He is Irfan Pardesi. Irfan is an avid entrepreneur born in Pakistan but now settled in South Africa, a tech-startup investor, the CEO of ACM Gold, founder of traming.com and has business interests in other industries. Successful in his own…
- Introducing ‘Startup Picnic Academy’ – Rapid Short Courses for Earning A Living and Innovating
- Come network with entrepreneurs at STARTUP PICNIC JHB this Saturday 25 September 2021
- Press Release: Startup Picnic in Jane Furse on 26 October 2019 – The Ultimate Fun Event for Entrepreneurs Comes to Ga Sekhukhene
- STARTUP PICNIC SOWETO – The Ultimate Fun Event for Entrepreneurs Hits Soweto, 14 April 2019
- #BreakfastTalk @ STARTUP PICNIC: Entrepreneurship Struggles and Anxieties, ft. Tebatso Molapo, Tendai Joe, Mark Makhubalo, Kelahloko Mashiloane and Luga Ncala (MC)
- Shoprite launches competition to boost small businesses
- Spring picnic for entrepreneurs – STARTUP PICNIC SPRING EDITION, 29 September 2018
- Introducing Max Lichaba as STARTUP PICNIC 7 April 2018 #BreakfastTalk speaker
- STARTUP PICNIC returns, 7th April 2018 – the coolest entrepreneurship gathering in South Africa
- The Top 3 Best Places to Network in South Africa
- African Tech Startups Raised Funding in Excess of $185.7m in 2015
- Four Steps to Avoid being Ditched by your Regular Clients
- The 5 BIG Myths of Self-Employment
- Chivas Regal’s ‘The Venture’ is Searching for Global Social Entrepreneurs to Award a Share of $1 Million
- STARTUP PICNIC Chats to the Founder of Tembisa Lifestyle Market, Lebogang Mukansi
- Mentoring Your Kids for Entrepreneurship: Lessons from a Mother
- The Reasons Why People Do Not Want You To Follow Your Dreams
- Entrepreneurial Depression: I Felt Like I Was Spiralling Deep Into a Dark Hole
- Start-Ups are just the Start
- Four Ways for Entrepreneurs to Defuse Anxiety