Press release- Startup Picnic 22 November 2014
In celebration and activism of Global Entrepreneurship Week, TiisetsoMaloma.com in association with The Hope Factory, ACM Gold, WEY (Woman Emancipate Yourself) and eKasi Entrepreneurs, bring you Startup Picnic. A fun-filled day connecting young entrepreneurs, business minds across different backgrounds, to unwind, play games and have fun while making friends and building business relationships. Startup Picnic will attract various entrepreneurship activist persons and organisations: angel investors, venture capitalists and incubators.
Global Entrepreneurship Week started with an idea of inspiring people everywhere to unleash their ideas and take the next step in their entrepreneurial journey. Startup Picnic brings together entrepreneurs and aspiring ones under the sun.
The day’s theme goes like: breakfast talk with guest speaker Irfan Pardesi, music, braai, drinks, delicious food, exhibitions and entrepreneurs experienced with failure and success to casually consult from.
Come and join us on the 22nd of November 2014 at CSIR Sports & Recreation Club in Pretoria from 9 am till 8 pm. Tickets are available at Computicket @ R70. Expect fun games like sand volleyball, water polo, 5 aside soccer, sack racing and other garden games. The breakfast talk is between 10 am to 12 noon.
Dress for fun. Picnic baskets and cooler bags are allowed. We urge cans where possible. Braai stands and charcoal will be provided. No alcohol will be sold at the event.
Our sponsor, The Hope Factory has developed more than 1000 South Africans over the past 11 years. Acting as an Enterprise Development enabler, the ultimate aim is to develop, equip and support previously disadvantaged South Africans. They provide extensive mentoring and support programmes so that enterprises are set for success. “From the 17th -23rd November, we are joining entrepreneurs across the world to commemorate Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW). We have picked events where we’d like to add value by assisting start-up entrepreneurs succeed in their ventures. This is what Global Entrepreneurship Week is all about – to bring ideas to life, drive economic growth and expand human welfare,” says The Hope Factory’s CEO Annie McWalter.
There will also be startups to corporate exhibiting which include, Skinny Sbu Socks, FRQNCYSA, 30 of The Hope Factory mentored businesses, Nedbank and many more.
The breakfast talk guest speaker Irfan Pardessi, is an avid entrepreneur born in Pakistan but now settled in South Africa, is the co-founder of ACM Gold and a tech-startup investor. He made his mother proud by taking ACM Gold from 22K USD, without funding or financing, to a group valuation of over $450 million.
The other speakers are, Busta Madiba, an experiential marketer and founder of Gushima Events & Productions, and Puseletso Modimogale, a businesswoman, WEF (NGO) founder and business mentor at The Hope Factory.
If you aren’t driving, there will be a R15 cab from Hatfield Gautrain Station to and from the venue. Secondly, if you have not used Uber cab before, use the code startuppicnic2014 and get up to R200 off, details here http://buff.ly/1ETr8UZ
For enquiries: Nkeisi Matshuisa or Tiisetso Maloma
Tel: 012 767 8084 | 072 744 6142
You may also like ...
In celebration and activism of Global Entrepreneurship Week, TiisetsoMaloma.com in association with The Hope Factory, ACM Gold, WEY (Woman Emancipate Yourself) and eKasi Entrepreneurs, bring you Startup Picnic. A fun-filled day connecting young entrepreneurs, business minds across different backgrounds, to unwind, play games and have fun while making friends and building business relationships. Startup…
- Introducing ‘Startup Picnic Academy’ – Rapid Short Courses for Earning A Living and Innovating
- Come network with entrepreneurs at STARTUP PICNIC JHB this Saturday 25 September 2021
- Press Release: Startup Picnic in Jane Furse on 26 October 2019 – The Ultimate Fun Event for Entrepreneurs Comes to Ga Sekhukhene
- STARTUP PICNIC SOWETO – The Ultimate Fun Event for Entrepreneurs Hits Soweto, 14 April 2019
- #BreakfastTalk @ STARTUP PICNIC: Entrepreneurship Struggles and Anxieties, ft. Tebatso Molapo, Tendai Joe, Mark Makhubalo, Kelahloko Mashiloane and Luga Ncala (MC)
- Shoprite launches competition to boost small businesses
- Spring picnic for entrepreneurs – STARTUP PICNIC SPRING EDITION, 29 September 2018
- Introducing Max Lichaba as STARTUP PICNIC 7 April 2018 #BreakfastTalk speaker
- STARTUP PICNIC returns, 7th April 2018 – the coolest entrepreneurship gathering in South Africa
- The Top 3 Best Places to Network in South Africa
- African Tech Startups Raised Funding in Excess of $185.7m in 2015
- Four Steps to Avoid being Ditched by your Regular Clients
- The 5 BIG Myths of Self-Employment
- Chivas Regal’s ‘The Venture’ is Searching for Global Social Entrepreneurs to Award a Share of $1 Million
- STARTUP PICNIC Chats to the Founder of Tembisa Lifestyle Market, Lebogang Mukansi
- Mentoring Your Kids for Entrepreneurship: Lessons from a Mother
- The Reasons Why People Do Not Want You To Follow Your Dreams
- Entrepreneurial Depression: I Felt Like I Was Spiralling Deep Into a Dark Hole
- Start-Ups are just the Start
- Four Ways for Entrepreneurs to Defuse Anxiety